Pyndan Camel Tracks is a trading business of Pyndan Enterprises Pty Ltd, ABN 47 635 402 425.
Risk Management policy
As of 20 June 2020, It is a condition of our public liability insurer that all camel riders wear a riding helmet that we provide and sign a waiver. We supply these prior to your tour.
Our COVID-19 Policies are listed below. Contact [email protected] if you require a copy of our COVID-19 Safety Plan certification from the Northern Territory Government.
After making your booking online, you will receive an email confirmation from Pyndan Camel Tracks containing your order details (if you have provided your email address). It is your responsibility to ensure that you have received booking confirmation details of your tour. f you wish to query a delivery please contact us at [email protected] You are required to follow our reconfirmation procedures outlined on your booking confirmation prior to your tour.
If payment is not made at the time of direct booking by phone or email, your credit details may be requested to secure the booking. You will not be charged in advance. Payment can be made on the day by cash, EFTPOS and credit card.
By providing your credit card details to secure your booking you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and allow Pyndan Camel Tracks to charge your credit card for your booking.
Cancellations made within 7 days of booking arrival date incur a 100% cancellation fee.
Cancellations made with more than 7 days notice incur an administration charge of 30% of total booking fee.
We encourage our customers to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
If you have booked through a 3rd party supplier that has not pre-paid Pyndan Camel Tracks for your tour, it is your responsibility to request a refund for your cancellation from the 3rd party supplier.
If a situation beyond the control of Pyndan Camel Tracks arises and Pyndan Camel Tracks have to cancel the tour, then a 100% refund applies.
Refunds are paid to a credit card or to an Australian bank account.
Cancellations are very rare. We value comfort and safety for both our customers and our camels. If we had to cancel, we will endeavour to contact you through your hotel or supplied contact number or email.
Hopefully we could arrange another time for you to come on our scenic rides, or a special visit to pat our gentle giants.
We reserve the right to alter the times of tours or cancel tours without notice.
Cold feet policy
If a customer suffers ‘cold feet’ by choosing not to get onto their camel at the tour or gets off the camel during the tour, they may forfeit the full fare per customer and not be given a refund. This will be at the discretion of Pyndan Camel Tracks depending on the circumstances.
Carriage at discretion of Pyndan Camel Tracks
The camel tour operator has absolute discretion in deciding whether a passenger will ride the camel or not. Such decisions are made in the best interest of the safety of the customers and staff. Pyndan Camel Tracks accepts no liability for any inconvenience or damage caused. Customers not able to ride camels may, at the discretion of Pyndan Camel Tracks or booking agent, be given a partial refund through their booking agent or by Pyndan Camel Tracks if they booked direct.
No show policy
You will be charged the full cost of your tour if you fail to show for your ride no matter what the reason. No refunds or rescheduling are allowed following no show.
Direct bookings – by providing your credit card details to secure your booking you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and allowing Pyndan Camel Tracks to charge your credit card in the event you fail to show. You may send someone else in your place if you wish. Please let us know the name of the replacement person before the tour. If you are unduly concerned about your ability to attend the tour, travel insurance is recommended.
NB: Separate cancellation and alteration provisions apply to large groups and customised events. These are specified on the group booking documentation supplied. Pyndan Camel Tracks reserves the right to amend these fees and notice periods. When special circumstances arise, some of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by those published on your booking confirmation documentation or Gift Voucher.
Physical fitness is not a requirement to enjoy a camel ride but a customer must be able to climb up onto the camel saddle while the camel is sitting or from the mounting platform. This requires some flexibility in the hips, legs and arm strength. Props to get onto the camel are not provided.
Our ‘Cold Feet’ and/or ‘Carriage at discretion of Pyndan Camel Tracks Policy’ will apply if customer fails to join the tour due to general mobility issues.
Passengers with medical conditions should check their suitability to ride camels prior to booking, advise our staff when booking and state their medical condition on the waiver. We do not recommend that you ride a camel if you are waiting for or have recently had any surgery, in particular on your knees, back or hips.
Persons with medical conditions participating in the camel tour do so at their own risk and Pyndan Camel Tracks accepts no liability for any damage or injury caused. Our ‘Cold Feet’ and/or ‘Carriage at discretion of Pyndan Camel Tracks Policy’ will apply if customer fails to join the tour due to medical condition issues.
We do not recommend riding camels for persons who are pregnant. Our ‘Cold Feet’ and/or ‘Carriage at discretion of Pyndan Camel Tracks Policy’ will apply if customer fails to join the tour due to pregnancy.
Photographs, Filming and Media
As part of your camel tour, Pyndan Camel Tracks advises that photos and/or videos may be taken by us at any time throughout the tour. By travelling with Pyndan Camel Tracks you are accepting that you assign all copyright in such photos and/or film to Pyndan Camel Tracks. You acknowledge that Pyndan Camel Tracks has and reserves the right to use such photos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner whatsoever without payment or notification to you.
In line with current government restrictions and guidelines, Pyndan Camel Tracks has made some changes to ensure that we are all COVID Safe. Please take a moment to read through the following details for your camel ride to make sure that you and those who you booked in your group understand your obligations before arriving for your tour.
What Pyndan Camel Tracks are doing to ensure your safety:
- All Pyndan Camel Tracks staff have undertaken the COVID-19 Infection Control training provided by the Australian Government Department of Health.
- Pyndan Camel Tracks abides by NT Government regulations in relations to outdoor gatherings and will limit capacity of camel rides accordingly.
- We will expect our customers to abide by the physical distancing recommendations of 1.5 metres from persons who are not known to them and we may ask customers to adhere to physical distancing.
- Pyndan Camel Tracks regularly cleans all touch points and equipment in accordance with guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authority to promote smart hygiene.
- Two hand washing areas are provided; alcohol-based hand sanitiser is available in our vehicle and in public areas at Pyndan Camel Tracks.
- We collect customer information in case of contact tracing through various methods including booking details, completion of waivers, and The Territory Check in app; we require staff to download the COVID safe app.
- For camel tours, with several camels joined to each other by ropes, each camel is spaced at a greater distance apart than the 1.5m physical distancing rule.
- Each camel may seat two persons, providing they are from the same booking.
- Cameleer tour guides may assist a customer to climb onto the camel, which would involve contact for less than three minutes.
- Our staff are educated about and adhere to Covid-19 safety practice.
- Our COVID-19 Safety Plan is reviewed at least every six months to make sure we continue to address any required safety responsibilities.
- We have appointed a COVID Safety Supervisor to facilitate the implementation of our COVID-19 Safety Plan and other relevant CHO Directions.
We ask that our guests
- Adhere to all physical distancing and hygiene safety guidelines during your time with Pyndan Camel Tracks.
- Wash your hands with soap and water on arrival.
- Avoid touching your face and to cough and to sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow.
- Use Tap and Go payment options for purchase of souvenirs, where possible.
- Acknowledge that we collect your information in case of contact tracing through various methods including booking details, completion of waivers, and The Territory Check in app.
- Acknowledge that we highly recommend that all passengers download the Australian Government COVID Safe app before arrival to assist if the need for contact tracing arises.
- Acknowledge that we encourage you to provide your own transfers.
- Should you feel unwell in the days before your camel ride please phone us to discuss postponing your camel ride.
- Should you feel unwell on the morning of your camel ride, we ask that you please do not arrive for your ride. You MUST call us (+61 416170164) to advise that you will not be able to arrive for your ride. You will also need to provide a Doctor Certificate to advise that you are unfit to ride. Failure to advise cancellation and supply doctor certificate will result in the cancellation of your ticket and you will not receive a refund.
Vouchers are valid only when fully paid by the purchaser or distributor. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash or refunded in part or full. Vouchers are transferable to other individuals with written permission of the card holder and are valid only for the period indicated thereon. Once the gift vouchers has been redeemed (i.e. the tour date has been booked) all other terms relating to Refund and Cancellation apply, however the value remains non-refundable. Gift vouchers are non-refundable after 30 days of the purchase date.
Your gift voucher is strictly valid until the Expiry Date shown on your gift voucher and you must book your tour within that period. Should you need to extend the validity beyond the expiry date, a 6 month extension is available at AUD$25 per person. No further extensions are permitted beyond this period.
As the purchaser or distributor of a Gif Card, it is your responsibility that the recipient of the Gift Card is aware of these Terms and Conditions.
‘Feed a camel’ gift vouchers do not require to be redeemed. Thank you for your gift.
Pyndan Camel Tracks uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Pyndan Camel Tracks, Pyndan Enterprises P/L or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Pyndan Enterprises P/L.
For more information about eWAY and online credit card payments, please visit www.eWAY.com.au
Collection of information
In order to use the Pyndan Camel Tracks website, we may require information from you in order to provide the best service possible. All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly in regards to sales, support and accounts, including email.
Any information collected by Pyndan Camel Tracks is collected via correspondence from you via the telephone, email, mail or directly through our website.
Use of collection information
Any details collected from Pyndan Camel Tracks customers is required in order to provide you with our products and / or services, and a high level of customer service. Correspondence is recorded in order to provide service references, and to assist in our staff development.
Storage of collection information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When credit card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete credit card details.
If you purchase a tour from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you when you make a booking. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, phone and address) and financial information such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your order. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use your information to contact you.
All payment of orders made by online by credit card incur a 3% processing fee.
Pyndan Camel Tracks uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as emails or phone. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional emails. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive correspondence they can be removed from any mailing list by emailing us at [email protected]
Pyndan Camel Tracks does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses. Pyndan Camel Tracks may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Pyndan Camel Tracks website.
Links on the Pyndan Camel Tracks website to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of www.cameltracks.com.
If you have any enquiries regarding the payment services offered by eWAY please visit their website at www.eway.com.au
If you have questions regarding our policies or the security on our Website, you should first contact Julia Burke, Business Manager of Pyndan Camel Tracks at [email protected]
Updated 31 July 2020